Wanna display flash swf movie file in your VC++ application. Dont worry! Here I give the steps below:
1. Start Visual C++ 6.0 wizard, select type and name of new MFC application project: FlashViewer. Click OK to start MFC Application Wizard:
2. Select Dialog based project type and click Next. Next page will appear:
3. Select aboutbox, 3d control and ActiveXControls and Click Finish to create new project. Visual C++ IDE will display summary information for new project: Click OK to open new dialog based project in VC++ IDE:
Now we have to import Shockwave ActiveX control to controls toolbar to display flash file in our application.
4. Go to Project menu, select Add To Project sub-menu and then click Components and Controls command: Visual C++ will display “Components and Controls Gallery” dialog.
5. Click on “Registered ActiveX Controls” to display list of available ActiveX controls:
6. Find and select Shockwave Flash Object ActiveX control in the list of available controls and click “Insert” to add this control to controls toolbar.
VC will generate special C++ class that will help to interact with this control:
7. Click OK and VC will generate new “CShockwaveFlash” class in ShockwaveFlash.cpp and ShockwaveFlash.h files.
8. “Shockwave Flash Object” control will appear on controls toolbar:
9. Click on “Shockwave Flash Object” icon and then click on dialog form. Answer “OK” to add new component to dialog:
10. New control will be added. Now we will add dialog class member that will handle Flash control. Right-click on dialog and select “Class Wizard” to invoke Class Wizard:
11. Class Wizard dialog will appear. Select Member Variables tab and click Add Variable… button to add new variable:
Enter name of new varaible: m_FlashPlayer and click OK:
12. Now click OK to close MFC ClassWizard.
Now we will place code that will load “nightFall.swf” into flash player control.
13. Right-click on dialog form and select “Events..” to invoke Events dialog:Select and double-click on WM_INITDIALOG caption.
14. Code Editor window will appear. CDisplayFlashDlg::OnInitDialog() function is responsible for handling initialization code so we will add our code here.
Add this line below // TODO: Add extra initialization here:
15. Run application by pressing F5 or using Build menu:
You will see application that will display NightFall.SWF flash movie using Shockwave Flash Object ActiveX control:
You can download the source code of this example here:
Filed under: C++, VC++ | Tagged: ActiveX control, C++, Class Wizard, Components and Controls, Dialog, Flash, Member Variables, Shockwave, Shockwave Flash Object | 3 Comments »